Haida asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Is 14-16 a kid or teen?

ThirTEEN fourTEEN fifTEEN sixTEEN sevenTEEN eighTEEN nineTEEN

All TEENs

• audrey

A teen...................

They are both. ======

• C

Since you're not living independently on your own I'll call you a "kid," but we all recognise that a teenager is not the same as a young child, just like teenagers are not yet adults. Partly that's due to not having enough life-experience yet to assess situations well, and partially because it's a time of life when the brain is undergoing fundament re-wiring to the point where a 16 year old's impulse control is worse than an 11 year old's on the cusp of puberty. The bits of the brain not being rewired have to compensate hard for the portions temporarily on "go-slow" while the remodelling's going on, just at the age we dump all these important exams on teens. This is why we're all tired all the time at that age and insufferably whiny - and it's the whininess which you're probably blind to, that gets you called a "kid." So, a teen for sure, definitely not young child, absolutely not an adult, but yeah, a kid to anyone done with puberty. Btw, when I was 15 I rented my own place and worked to cover my living expenses, so it's not like I'm not sympathetic to not wanting to be categorised as not fully grown yet.

By 13, I knew what "that" was, I was no longer a kid