Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 4 weeks ago

Is Apple a scam ?! ?

I just want to vent and I hope Somone can answer my question. I have a  rose gold MacBook. I got it August 2018 for college. It’s now October 2019. Only a year and two months that I’ve had this laptop. It cost me around 1,000 dollars(that’s stupid expensive for a ******* laptop to being with.) the other day I was doing chores and my laptop just completely shut off. I was like wtf it was fully charged whyd it turn off. Then I plugged it in and heard the charging noise. Anyways. I took it to the apple store to check it out. I waited for someone to help me. Long story short. This fool said there going to charge me 560 PLUS taxes !!! To fix it and said he doesn’t have a direct answer but he’s pretty sure it’s the engine.  ***** what ?!! You want to charge me 500+ dollars to fix a ******* one year old laptop because of the engine!!?? Plain stupid. It’s one year old it shouldn’t be acting like that!!! A million dollar company. Really ? A ******* laptop that expensive should atleast last 3 years !!? I have and old *** Microsoft  laptop in my garage that is 8 years old and it still works. Mind you it costed half the fuxking price of this piece of **** laptop . Apple is a money Hungry piece of ****. I don’t care how rich or poor you are. People just get apple products for the name. Why make it so expensive for a piece of junk that’s only going to last a year ?  If I wasn’t a broke college student I would sue apple.Never buying an apple products again. My iPhone XS Max is the last. 

Expensive laptops but good quality except for some problems users encounter where the keyboard stops working if dust gets underneath. 

The features they provide is good. But they charge really really high.

Mostly yes because they are so expensive.....

Yes. Apple is a scumbucket company that was put together by a confidence man called Steve Jobs. The iPhone stole decades old technology and the only real difference was that they changed the target market from business professionals to "young idiotic hipsters"

The iPhone1 released as a product that was less capable than the leading blackberry, treo, or windows mobile... but because it was marketed as a hipster product and had "visual screen interaction" it was herald as a new innovation.

Really, basic cut and paste features... VPN... Enterprise Mail... it released as a product for hipsters, now it dominates the market based on pure hype not function.

That's been apple's motto from the beginning "Hype + Subpar Product + Ridiculous costs = Mountains of Wealth." Take a look at every "feature" apple has added and you'll find it existed before they put it in their products, they just bought the company producing it and grabbed a bunch of patents to prevent anyone else from competing against them.

• However You choose to side on the Jobs / Wozniak debate, the facts are that Wozniak craeted something He didn't trust other people to Mfr to perform specific hardware functions, & then Jobs said "Well, I see what it can do by itself, but can it also do what THESE companies offer?" & sold those.

• Fulano

Apple has a lot of really shady business practices, one of them being leaving components that fail in their devices. There are tons of examples of a specific problem that they do not fix through several generations of of devices.

They require their service guys to send back parts, and don't let even their suppliers sell spare parts to make it very difficult for people to get parts other than buying old machines and pulling parts out of those.

They've got some great ideas, but there are so many things about that company that are completely bad.

Yes, Apple is a scam. These sheeps will never learn!

I owned an Apple ibook G4 i paid $1000 for in 2006

It stopped working shortly after the warranty expired

I said never again! Apple buys their motherboards in bulk from the lowest bidding fabricator..

Probably Foxconn as they made boards for them in their earlier clamshell ibooks

No its not a scam. Its just that people are stupid enough to buy their iPhones no matter the price. Seriously, by 2027, when the iPhone 20 comes out, it will probably be $2000 at LEAST. 41% of Americans own an iPhone and it disgusts me.

• Stanley

What gets me is that people will buy an iPhone then when the new one comes out 6 months later they'll go and get that one. Then 6 months later they get the next one. I donf know how people live that way. I see it as people being unthankful selfish and lovers of only themselves.

The other day i thought to myself. We are slaves to ourselves. Think about it. 1000 on a laptop thats steep. Hey I've also been a slave to myself at one point in time but things changed after God changed my life and opened my eyes to the fact that i was a slave to myself.

• Stanley

Its because i mentioned God in my answer.

OK so now what? If I were you I'd try finding a different computer repair service. It's like anything else in life. If you have a car and need it worked on is the mechanic in the first place telling you the truth or just trying to charge a high price for an inexpensive repair?

• Loser4 weeks agoReport

Remember, apple knows exactly how each of their parts works, just like a console, so it isn't hard to detect if you're not using "official" apple parts and then brick your device. Hence why creating Hackintosh's isn't as easy as just installing a flavour of Linux.