Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

You people complain about how Christians discriminate against gay people, yet in some Muslim countries they execute gay people?

Instead, you should be grateful you don't live in those countries.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best answer

The last State in the USA to abolish capital punishment for homosexual activity was South Carolina in 1873, twelve years after Britain abolished it. In Australia, though not used in the 20th century, it remained on the books in Victoria until 1949. The death penalty for homosexual activity was common throughout Christendom. When the death penalty was removed, homosexuals were still imprisoned in most countries until late in the 20th century. 

Don't put Christianity as a shining example of tolerance, it was the "Christians" who fought it all the way.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Right, we should be grateful that certain people are refused jobs and denied medical care. So much better to be like a black person in 1950's America...

• 3 weeks ago

Actually, I make no such complaints. The weird thing is, just about everyone I know who is gay, goes to church. I know I live in a strange area, and it might not be the normal thing, but that's my view of it.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

DUh, we live in the US because we want freedom.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You should be happy you're not a starving third world citizen

and only get persecuted by other peoples disagreement .

• polly
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's because people have higher expectations of Christians.

What do you expect from Muslim countries when muslims have a barbaric mass murdering child rapist that condones terrorizing homosexuals as their role-model.

• 3 weeks ago

How very interesting. Did you have a question?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You people complain about how atheists discriminate against Christians, yet in some Muslim countries they execute Christians?

Instead, you should be grateful you don't live in those countries.

• 3 weeks ago

That's some of the most stupid logic I've ever seen on Yahoo! Answers.

• 3 weeks ago

Kakaozxkfksososooorotooaksvvkfsosofof

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.