How can I get out of this?

Long story short I was at school and I found an empty cartridge and I didn’t know about or what it was I’ve heard about it but I was looking for CBD and I was gonna take it home to my mom so we could see if it was something that could help me focus at school, so I got caught with it the assistant principle told me it was a felony I was confused then the cop confiscated it and the next day I was charged with “possession of a controlled substance” I had my hearing and I pled not guilty then later on my attorney told me that the cartridge I had was never tested for marijuana. What can I do from this point? they keep pushing my trial back but I shouldn’t even have to attend court is this not false accusations?? Is that not illegal I got expelled from school because of it too, my grades were good and all except for one class which is why I needed something to help me focus. My counselor told me I was gonna graduate this year too and that would’ve been a great thing for me just turning 17. I’m just to confused and stressed about this entire thing.

• `

Ask your attorney. That's what you hired him for.

• Maxi

You 'found' something and thought you would take it home to see if you could use it! So what you 'found' was not yours, so stealing and the police were called and confiscated it and you have been charged/taken to court and you are 'confused' you are 17 yrs old you already know about stealing, you already know you are in the wrong legally and you want to 'get out of it'..... you sound very immature and need to face up to what you have done and tell the truth you are not 7 yrs old.........what you did and getting caught for doing it is YOUR fault you have to take the consquences of your own actions

• Taz3 weeks agoReport

See it’s people like you that irk me you clearly didn’t read, I wasn’t charged with stealing like I said they charged me with possession of controlled substance idk if you know what that is but the point is I was charged with something they don’t know is a controlled substance cause it wasn’t tested

There’s an old saying: possession is 9 tenths of the law. Doesn’t matter if you found it or not. It was in your possession so you’re responsible for it.

Either you have an idiot lawyer or it’s not what you say it is. CBD is legal in all 50 states. The compound that causes hallucinations (THC) is not found in CBD.

• Taz3 weeks agoReport

Yeah but what I had in my Possession wasn’t illegal, I didn’t know what it was but they were telling me it’s a marijuana cartridge but they didn’t test it so no one knows

You can work hard and believe in yourself