how should I explain this quote  "And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter”?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is actually a good question.

If you stick at something through the difficult parts and get good with it, which takes discipline -

the feeling of achievement gives you confidence

in many other areas of life

I don`t know whom you are quoting, but it seems a smart-azz question/ challenge to someone

from someone showing, `attitude`..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Probably by first reading the entire essay or book in which it occurs. It could be "explained" in many ways, depending on the context.

• 2 months ago

You are making the same mistake that most people make. You're equating knowledge with intelligence. It's impossible for education to make you feel smarter if you are intelligent (i.e. smart). An intelligent person knows subjects he or she is ignorant about and subjects about which they have some understanding. Education is the foundation of wisdom, and a wise person is aware of what he knows and what he doesn't know. It doesn't make them smarter.

• 2 months ago

Education allows you to gain more information stored up there. An educated person knows a lot more than they used to and this could help them with a lot of things.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because with education you gain knowledge

• 2 months ago

Okay, but who are you quoting from

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.