can I put frozen turkey mince in slow cooker?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Well, I suppose so, it would defrost, then start cooking, but could add more liquid to your recipe, and a little to the cooking time.

It would'nt take lot to defrost at room temperature though!

• Joe
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Yes, of course you can

• 4 weeks ago

Yes............

• 4 weeks ago

No. Too little cooking time required for minced meat, for a slow cooker.

Peace.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I'd let it defrost enough so that it isn't a solid block .. but it should be OK to cook mince before it has completely defrosted in a slow cooker.

• 4 weeks ago

It would be safer to thaw the mince in the microwave first then put it in the slow cooker.

Placing a "block" of frozen turkey or any minced meat will retain the shape of the block.

Also cooking it from frozen takes a while and the temperature of the center of the meat will take some time to reach 165 degrees F so it may spend a longer time in the "danger zone"

But if the block of frozen meat is not real thick it might be alright. There is a difference between a 1/2 pound of frozen meat and 2 pounds of frozen.

• JJ
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

You can do so, however, it is best to thaw the turkey before placing it in the slow cooker.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Um yes, why not? It'll just take longer to cook, good job it's a 'slow cooker'.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.