are you allowed to have a computer while in jail??? while incarcerated in male prison, can I have access to internet??

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You would not have your own personal computer, no.

There MIGHT be a library with closesly monitored computers that you would be able to earn the PRIVILEGE of using tho... May depend on whether or not that particular prison offers them, and what their policies are.

Quite possible that if there are computers.. They may only be available for those opting to earn a degree or diploma while incarcerated.

• 4 weeks ago

read the gospel of John, god bless

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Depends on Country, State, Jail. In my county, there was a class that used computers and internet. In ADC, there were computer classes that again had use of 'net, but. again, very tightly controlled.

Outside of those situations, no. No general use of a computer or internet. I couldn't even use one for Key Law or West Law or word processing.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You will not be allowed to have your own computer.

Some facilities have school/work programs where you may have limited and supervised use.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Some inmates are allowed limited computer access but in most places it's kind of an intranet set up where they can only access certain kinds of material (such as online degree programs, law libraries and the like).

• 4 weeks ago

You may have access to a computer to do studying or writing for authorized educational activities, but if there is any internet access, it will be tightly-controlled.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In what country or state?

As you forgot to give this vital information, I shall answer for the UK. Absolutely not. No computers, no mobile phones. This is so the prison can censor your access to the outside world and prevent you from planning more crime from "inside". Smuggling phones in carries a maximum penalty of 10 years' imprisonment.

• 4 weeks ago

Can you have a computer? No. Might there be some internet access? Maybe.

• 4 weeks ago

No, no and no. You are there for punishment not a holiday.

Peace.

• Anon4 weeks agoReport

How come I Saw computers in classes at county and in ADC, then?

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

NO in the UK.....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.