Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 4 weeks ago

Why did my professor say 2000 is in the ‘00s when it’s in the ‘90s (He made an error; how do I correct him)?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

You do not correct him, he is right, you are wrong. The 90s started on January 1 of 1990 and ended on 31 December 1999.

• 3 weeks ago

it depends how you look at it but dont be afraid to correct him hes a person people make mistakes and if he isnt wrong he will explain your confusion and one of you will always walk away smarter

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You're wrong-he's right

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

the orderly in your ward is not a professor .

• Thomas
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Ha! (That's actually a clever roast)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If you are speaking about years that end with "00", then your professor is correct that 2000 is the first year of the decade where all the years end with "00".

If you are talking about the division in centuries, then "2000" would be the last year of the 20th century since there was no "year 0" to begin the first century. The year 2001 would be the beginning of the 21th century.

So you can see it depends on how you are defining the "00s", Both answer are correct depending on how you define "00s".

• 4 weeks ago

2000 isn't in the 90's, dumb***.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The 1990s was a decade that began on 1 January 1990 and ended on 31 December 1999.

Your professor was right.

And even if a professor should make an error - never, ever attempt to correct him.  The chances are that he'd be able to prove you wrong and anyway - it would be very rude of you.

• Thomas
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

I can imagine the professor laughing at OP if he even dares to make such a ridiculous statement.

• 4 weeks ago

He needs a spanking.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

just let it go. learn to pick your battles. fighting this one could cost you a good grade.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.