Are you're eyes affected by flash photography ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

The only flash photography that affects me is when I see my husband undress....I feel quite ill !!!

• 3 weeks ago

Only for a few seconds ...

• 4 weeks ago

We see with the enzymes that our eyes produce. Some times a flash will deplete those enzymes and we see spots in our eyes where those enzymes are depleted. Sometimes it will take some time for our body to make more enzymes but if our retinas are not burned no permanent damage occurs. If we were to look at the sun for example, our eyes may be burned so that when we have replaced those enzymes our vision will not return.

Generally a flash is so fast, damage does not occur. The affect is a temporary effect.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Don't you just hate auto correct when you mean "your" and it chooses "you're?"

The look of your eye can easily be affected which shows up as red eye.

In terms of long-term damage, technically if you were to spend enough time being flashed in the face, yes, a flash can adversely affect your eyes.

I suppose to answer your question more precisely, it really depends upon what you mean by "affected."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • qrk
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Are you asking about physiological effects or the outcome of the image?

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, you'll go blind if you take too many pictures with the flash on.

• 4 weeks ago

How can I top the wonderfully informative answers posted so far? I'll try. I can recall reading somewhere, quite some time ago, that using automatic TTL flash for humans or animals could cause your subject to blink due to the preflash the system uses, causing portraits with closed eyes. As far as if it could harm anyone's eyes, I'm not aware of any evidence of that but everyone is different.

• 4 weeks ago

Not at the moment...

• 4 weeks ago

No, I do fine but I rarely take professional photography.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.