How much truck do I need to tow?

I have a tandem axle trailer up to 7,000 lbs. My current truck can haul it no problem but I am wanting to upgrade. Currently looking at a GMC caynon and the dealer says it can handle up to 7,000. I doubt I'll ever trying have the trailer at Max cap. but it would be reassuring to know I can move it. Should I look for a heavier duty truck or would this work?

• lj1

A properly equipped Canyon could handle it, but if you plan on towing heavy loads regularly, I would opt for a half-ton (1500) pickup with a V8. You may even want to go with the diesel option. Even if the small truck could tow a trailer without straining too much, it would wear out faster. Also, a larger truck would be better at keeping the load stable.

these automobiles were arranged by the prewar executives[whose learning grabbed gigantically during the war], and worked by the returning war veterans, in this way every part could be adjusted yes even fuel siphons and voltage controllers, as work was tolerably sensible. the general idea of the sparkling miscellaneous items were held to a superior quality, certified individuals painted the vehicles, and when all is said in done these cars reflected the post war we can't assume the accuse regardless

mindset of being sure about ourselves. an indulgence we can never again bear the expense of ourselves today.

without a doubt, even models that rusted or engines that spilled or manufactures that joined all had automobiles and trucks that were and still are appealing.

• David

Are you going around the block or across the country? It's OK to tow something that equals the max tow rating for short distances occasionally. But for towing long distances I would stay under 75% of the tow rating and would prefer to be under 50%.

• Eva

You're maxing out the towing capacity on a Canyon. You always want more truck than what you're going to pull. It's not so much the pulling power, but the ability to stop. You need a bigger truck.

• Ron

The canyon can tow 7 grand. Don't forget tongue weight and gross vehicle weight. The Canyon is not for you

You must be towing your mother’s a** lol jk jk