Rudy asked in PetsBirds · 4 weeks ago

I have a lovebird. ?

So I have a lovebird that’s 3 months old and I just got him last Wednesday 10/16/19. I took him to the vet on Friday 10/18/19 and turns out he got a yeast infection. He’s be quiet but he’s eating and acting quite normal. He seems a little sluggish at times. So far he’s very calm with me on my shoulder I’m able to pick him up and stuff and just stays with me. I try to spend a lot of time with him. I take him out his vision cage and bought him a little playground and he stays there. I want to get him another mate. I know this will probably cancel me out in the relationship. Because I work most of the time. So I don’t want him to get lonely. But I was wondering if I should get him a partner after he’s done with his treatment. He is taking medicine for 2 weeks. So if anyone could help me out. Also what else should I feed him other than the mix stuff they gave me at the store. I used to have cockatiels for a couple years so I’m experienced somewhat. But I feel like lovebirds are a little trickier. 

The Avian Vet is the only person who can tell you if and when it's safe to bring in another lovebird.

I have owned lovebirds all my life. Mine ate pellets, but they were RAISED on pellets.

Use google, do some research.