I have just left my husband. Am I being crazy?

About a 3 years ago daughter became very sick and had to go on strong medication & be hospitalised/ my mum died of lung cancer and my work is stressful so I became quite insular, distant & very depressed. Meanwhile my husband made a new group of friends at work and he started going on Tinder talking to girls online and when I looked at his messages one day he was sharing screen shots of these girls with his new group of friends. After a huge barny I decided to just try to smooth it over for the sake of our daughter & because I love him. 

But yesterday we went to a wedding where this new group of friends were and he didn’t make a point of indroducing me. He just stood chatting to them with me standing there like an idiot when they all know that he’s been messaging other women. I wouldn’t have been so upset if he’d made a really big deal of introducing me to everyone like he was really proud of me and that we'd remained strong together but I was just standing there an idiot. Later he said he was sorry but that there was a woman there whose name he count remember & he didn't want to embarrass her!

To me it was such a strong signifier of how little he thinks of me. So I have left. 

Am I being mad?

The only reason God permits you to leave a marriage with someone is sexual unfaithfulness God hates divorce. It's especially serious because you have a kid. May the Lord Jesus give you strength in this troubling time.

• Ocimom

Your husband should have been with you during all the things that have happened. Instead, he leaves you to make new friends and possible have an affair. You are right to leave him. I do suggest you both go to marriage counseling first to see if you can salvage the marriage before you file for divorce.

You are absolutely right in leaving this man. He isn't there for you anymore, and it looks like he isn't there for your daughter either. Both of you deserve better.

I agree with Linda. Don't get me wrong, his behavior at the wedding was incredibly rude, and his "explanation" was incredibly stupid. But what's missing in your question is any indication you've talked to him about all this and maybe even told him the 2 of you need marriage counseling.

So this almost sounds passive aggressive. You stood by silently for too long and then you follow that up with the very aggressive action of leaving.

Obviously, this won't be the end of your story, but what's obvious is the 2 of you are overdue for a long, serious, gut level honest conversation. It doesn't have to be combative, because it's important that each of you feel free to talk openly and honestly.

• mmm

simple solution - Hi everyone! This is my wife Sara.

• Jerry

No, you've been way too patient..leave, he doesn't deserve you.

• Mikey

A real man wouldn't get upset just because his wife closed shop in the wake of a huge tragedy.

• cat

Your husband has no loyalty or respect. You are NOT being crazy. You deserve better than that.

• Linda

I am more concerned with why you didn't say anything when you knew your husband was chatting up other women instead of him not introducing you. This same thing happened to a friend of mine. He wouldn't introduce his wife to his friends but believe you me they knew who his wife was and he doesn't respect you because he has no plans to introduce you. He is lying and imo, I think you were right to get out. He isn't someone you can trust.

• Ricky

Just let your anger go away and go back to him. Your just lacking communication. remember relationship are all about communication.