Ava asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 2 months ago

Is 8 miles a lot to walk?

I dont usually keep track of where how much I walk because i dont have a car so I walk a lot but the other day I decided to see how far i had walked and in total it was 8 miles? Is that a normal distance or is that far. IDK its seemed kinda high but then i thought maybe this is normal for other people

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

8 miles is a long walk.  Walking speed is about 3 mph on flat ground.  That would be about three hours of walking. Does that sound right to you?  walking is good for you.  More people should do it.

I have hiked 13 miles at high altitude across rough terrain and that took about 15 hours with periodic stops.

• 1 month ago

About 4 hours at least fast paced. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's just putting one foot in front of the other. 

• Linda
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That is a lot to walk these days. That's amazing!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on how fit you are and on the sort of terrain over which you are walking (fairly flat countryside, steep hills, etc) and on how much of a day you want to spend on a walk.

Yours is really a social question rather than a geographical question.

• RR
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's more than average, unless you are a hiker.

I had a job where I had to walk a lot outside. It wasn't unusual to walk over ten miles.

• 2 months ago

normal pace at a fast walk is about 20 min per mile, perhaps a bit lower. So did you walk for over 2 hours ? 

It's a lot but I could do it easily when I was younger. Now, I can do about 6 max. 

• 2 months ago

Well, I have done it and a bit more, a hefty walk, may take about 2 hours.

Not urban sidewalk either, try the foothills in the wilderness.

My age now, I squeeze 2 miles and wears me out. Not as fast passed either.

• 2 months ago

i think its a lot, i couldnt do it

• 2 months ago

It is quite far, but if you are fit and Healthy and have a few hours to spare, with a nice area to walk around

It is good for you

Have something to eat first and keep hydraded though and you will be fine

Attachment image
    Source(s): Sneakers O'Toole
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.