does corn bread taste better when made in a cast iron skillet?

If you have a good recipe for cornbread it doesn't matter what you bake it in.I like cast iron for baking myself.But I use many different pans.Cast iron does get to be heavy lifting.

• denise

I does taste good done in a skillet.

NOt really - not to me

• GFH

Nope. The taste is identical, whether made in a pan or in a cast-iron skillet

• ted

The taste is the same

Actually the opposite is true. A cast iron skillet tastes better when corn bread is made in it.

It tastes the same.

However, the crust texture isn't quite as nice in a regular clear Pyrex dish.

I get just as nice a crust as cast iron when I use a properly greased heavy stoneware dish like Emile Henry. I actually prefer using the Emile Henry to my cast iron as it's a better size for the quantity of batter. My cast iron is a bit too large which results in a thinner cornbread.

• VAA

I think so. I have had both and cast iron is old school which requires a couple more steps to be made from scratch and it is the best.