Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I dont like my family anymore? :(?

So i was adoppted when i was 2 years old (my parents died) and now i am 16.

I really love my family. I have a women in my life that i can call mother, i have a man in my life that i can call father and i have 2 boys in my life that i can call brothers( 18 and 20 years old).

I really love all of them.

But i been thinking so much about this, this last weeks and its been killing me.

This last weeks i been noticing the diferencies betwween me and my brothers/mother/father. They are all blonde and blue eyes and i have dark brown hair and brown eyes. And its breaking the feelings that i have for all of them because for some reason i feel im not supposed to be there.

What can i do?

Its normal felling this way? ( i never cared about the physical differencies)

Someone help me plz.

Is there anything that your family is doing to you that makes you feel less than them, other than your looks? Are they treating you differently? If not, then you shouldn't feel this way. I have biological family who I just can't stand, as I was never made to feel a part of them, no matter how much I tried to please them. I just treat them with disdain nowadays, I hate their guts, and I only deal with them on an as needed basis. This is a biological family, in your case, it seems you have an ideal family even if it is through adoption.

What you may be feeling is that you want to know who your biological family were, and you're lashing out at this family for no reason. Just ask your parents that you'd like to find out about your biological family, and in most states you can probably begin to find out about them legally on your own by the time you're 18.

I don't like part of mine either as my sister is the devil and my father is a chronic liar. My mother was emotionally abusive by brainwashing me against others as a kid but now she has softened and so I like her more though she is WAY TOO critical of others.

I share that so you know your not alone.

sounds very typical for your age

you shouldnt care about the differences , your family didnt care about that when they adopted you so you shouldnt either

This level of reliance on superficial visual cues isn't at all unusual for one your age. Some talk therapy might help but in all likelihood this is just a typical, hormone-fueled phase you're going through. Obviously when one gains the maturity of adulthood they're better able to show gratitude where it's necessary. You're just not there yet. So the only advice I can give you is to not implode the family that was kind enough to adopt you by focusing so intently on things that really don't matter.

• NONAME

itz just depression because your wondering about your real family...all adopted teenagers feel this way...it will come back around after you piss everyone off