Why do you have to have a cell mate in jail and prison ?

Don’t they know it adds tons of stress and adds to the danger and violence 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Its dumb. They might just do it to add stress. If you go to prison, you sorta are ment to be stressed.

• Anon4 weeks agoReport

It's not even True. i have been in solitary and in dorms/quonsets with one-man Cubicles. More often than not.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You Don't. What Idiot told you This?

In Some county jails, you get one to 7 cell mates. Some, you are Solitary. Depends.

In Prison, depends Entirely on Yard. Some are two man bunks; a new guy gets Upper bunk. If upper guy gets transferred to another yard or pod, the new fish gets the lower.

In most yards, there are individual bunks, individual "cubicles".these have 12 men to a Quonset hut, or 200 to a pod.

Sometimes, having a celly U get along with relieves stress,boredom.. Play gin rummy together. Especially a repeat offender who can tell you the rules. I had one, an ex-Aryan Brotherhood, who told me to stay away from them. He'd turned Christian, but still had his tattoos.

Source(s): Been There.
  • Damien
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

so that u dont go crazy being alone all the time and got someone to talk to, also it saves money to not give every inmate their own cell

• Anon4 weeks agoReport

Nice Answer; if it were True.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

cheaper housing for the government

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Unless one gets put in solitary, they have one or more cellmates, depending on the size of the cell.

• Anon4 weeks agoReport

Wrong. Many yards have one-man "cubicles".

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Because it's prison, not the Ritz-Carlton.

• Anon4 weeks agoReport

Nice answer, If you actually you had Any experience. And, irrelevant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.