Why do teens get pregnant ?

Me and my girlfriend have been together for a while we don't want kids. I'm 30 she's 26 she'll be 27 in a couple weeks. We decided we do not want kids. She watches 16 And Pregnant and Teen Mom i have no clue why. Those are the most annoying shows on TV. I think theyre the reason for the high ratings of teen pregnancy. Then they give the teen parents a show. I think its wrong to expose teen pregnancy on TV. Its a bad influence on young women. My girlfriend knew better. To me I think its the reason teens do get pregnant is because they think they can get on TV. What really causes teen pregnancy ?

I had a friend who was pregnant at 14 and gave birth at 15. She got pregnant accidentally with her boyfriend and decided to keep the baby. She got pregnant the first time having sex. It only takes once to get pregnant at times. Her boyfriend stuck around and helped. Her boyfriend was killed in a car crash in 2016 and now she's a single mom of two kids.

Sometimes it just happens. We shouldn't scare them into not telling anyone. They should be able to speak up about it and abort it before it gets any bigger, or if they want, they can keep it and raise their child.

• Edna
    1 week ago

I sincerely hope that any teen who watches "Teen Mom" or "16 and Pregnant" on TV is smart enough to realize  that it's all fake and scripted and it is nothing like real life.  

If a teen is influenced by that dribble, then there's no hope for her. 

• GB
    1 week ago

There were teenagers who chose yo get pregnant, before Teen Mum programs. In the old days, some did to get their parents to agree to them marrying

Dumb sluts duh!!!!

For the same reason(s) you've been given the many dozens of times you've posted this question over the years. Screenshot the answers so you can stop spamming questions and users can stop reporting your violations.

Get help for your MPD.

Source(s): L............

Early pregnancies are due to low knowledge about sexual education and also early exposure to internet and media.

They can also because of curiosity.

1. 3 in 10 teen American girls will get pregnant at least once before age 20. That’s nearly 750,000 teen pregnancies every year.

2. Parenthood is the leading reason that teen girls drop out of school. More than 50% of teen mothers never graduate from high school.

3. About 25% of teen moms have a 2nd child within 24 months of their first baby.

4. Less than 2% of teen moms earn a college degree by age 30.

5. The United States has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the western industrialized world.[5]

6. In 2011, the teen birth rate in the United States fell to the lowest level recorded in nearly 70 years of tracking teen childbearing.

7. In 2008, the teen pregnancy rate among African-American and Hispanic teen girls, ages 15 to 19, was over two and a half times higher than the teen pregnancy rate among white teen girls of the same age group.

8. 8 out of 10 teen dads don’t marry the mother of their child.

9. A sexually active teen who doesn’t use contraceptives has a 90% chance of becoming pregnant within a year.[9]

10. More than half of all mothers on welfare had their first child as a teenager. In fact, two-thirds of families begun by a young, unmarried mother are poor.

11. Teens had fewer babies in 2010 than in any year since the mid-1940s.

cause they had sex

women push for babies with handsome/tall guys. women are more picky having kids with normies with low testosterone.