How do you get better from having the stomach flu?

i have been having the flu for 8 days now and i went to see a doctor and he said that the stomach flu last for 5-10 days

• Edna

There's no such thing as "stomach flu". The flu doesn't affect the stomach.  Influenza is a virus. What you call "stomach flu" is an gastrointestinal upset caused by a bacteria in the GI tract.

• In

Drink plenty of fluids, preferably with electrolytes. Gatorade works well under these circumstances.

youre just going to have to be patient till it goes away

• In

Patients or patience?

• Ramona

The flu is way worse than a cold, I bet you have it longer than 10 days, perhaps 3 weeks. Get as much rest as you possibly can. Take your Tylenol. Try a tea that has a clove of garlic, apple cider vinegar and real honey. have this 3 times a day and I'm sure that will help you feel better.

• Brian

I normally get it for 24 hours, so I drink lots of water, eat nothing but soup, and get plenty of rest.

• Edna

Julia:  Your stomach "drops"??? Never heard of anyone's stomach dropping.