Is it rude to have the lady pay half the bill on a dinner date ?

the bill came up to a hefty heart attack inducing $53.42.

I was expecting it to stay at $40 or below. I shall not be seeing her again thats for sure.

to all of you questioning my 'gentleman-ship' and more importantly, my wealth, consider this: I earn more than what all of you earn combined!

I bet that would look good on your menus lol

I chose the venue because she would have been spoiled had I picked a fancier place.

besides, even then I'd try to keep the bill down to $50.

its my money not hers, to enjoy a $100 night out prove you deserve it. The world doesn't you anything my sweetheart, be thankful I took you out on a date..

Word spreads fast in your town. You will have no worries in the future from ANY ladies that you might want to ask to dinner. They will all be *busy* for every day and night you might inquire about.

You have ZERO best answers - which tells us a lot about you.

The only dinner company YOU are gonna get for a long time is the cat that keeps staring at your scanner (referenced on another question). Open a can of for each of you tonight.

Figure out what you want is going to cost you otherwise, and then decide.

If the bill was only $53.42, consider yourself VERY lucky. Find a job and avoid dating until you can afford it.

• Bill

what only $53.42

That is less than one serving here

to get out of a resturant or hotel with a bill of less than $100.00 is a good effort

even a can of coca cola is $5.00

don't have dinner dates if you are not man enough to pay the account

If you're the one who invited her then you should pay the bill. It's not her fault you're a cheapskate who can't budget properly.

Unless paying separately was discussed beforehand then do the right thing and pay the bill. Then move on so she can find someone who isn't such a douche.

• Ramona

If you asked me out, you're paying the bill.

If we date longer and you are having only a stint of time of financial issues, I'll take you out but you need to get a better job and start treating me like a lady.