I’m almost 34, woman, unmarried. I think I’ll give up?

I feel depressed like I failed 

Worked my whole life did degrees everything 

Still can not afford a mortgage or rent 

No husband no kids

What’s the point in carrying on

• zipper

There is always tomorrow; besides we never promised you success just a chance at trying for it.  SO ABIG  BOOOO WHOOO! TO "U"!

If you werent a fat white feminist....

• G R

and your question is what

I had a husband, and I have a child & grandchildren from that marriage. Does this mean I'm a failure. I don't think so, but sometimes I feel that way. I would have loved to of stayed married. I don't like that I have to make all decisions on my own, and find the men I attempt to date nowadays are complete losers. You may have to learn to adapt to being single, more & more people are single nowadays, so you aren't alone in this.

• Bill

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they’re yours. – Richard Bach

Why would a husband be an achievement that would define you?

You're only 34. There is so much more ahead of you.

Sounds like you're unwilling to adjust. You have the option of looking for work in the many places where housing is quite affordable. It means having to move, meet new people, make new friends. Some people look at that as an opportunity and are excited about it, some look at it as a burden and are depressed.

• Judith

There is more to life than marriage and children. Seriously. Not being married and not having children does NOT mean that you are a failure. Do what you can to get ahead in your career. Become involved in doing things you enjoy doing. Develop good friendships.

Perhaps you need to see a therapist.

maybe you should get some counseling if you feel that way, ive never had a husband or kids myself

Don't give up. It usually takes two incomes to afford a home. Of course, if you live in California, then you will need a dozen incomes, unless you are a big earning celebrity. Have you thought about moving to a less expensive state?