Jasmine asked in PetsDogs · 10 months ago

Best Small/Medium Dog for Apartment?

I am a 25 year old female. I am thinking about getting a dog. I live in a 1 bed/bath upstairs apartment and have no children. The stairs are on the exterior of the building and there is no elevator. So either I will carry the dog or it will walk up/down stairs.

I would like a smaller dog (no larger than a Beagle breed). 

Due to my 1 hour commute to work (1 way), I leave home for work at 6am and am back home around 6pm. So the dog will be without me for at least 12 hours for the majority of weekdays. However, I am open to putting the dog in a dog daycare while I’m at work.

I don’t want a dog that sheds a lot, has to be highly groomed, or that excessively barks. I do want it to be happy, loyal, likes to cuddle, and enjoys nice weather. I am unsure which dog breed is best for my home and work/life balance. Does anyone have knowledge of what dog breed is best for me? 

i would visit a pet shop and see which dog likes you