Faint positive line on pregnancy test ?

Would like some opinions please. I done a pregnancy test earlier this afternoon which came up positive faintly then dissappeared after 15 minutes. I don't know when my lm is as I was on the depo since September last year and haven't had a period since. Should I retake in a couple of days. Its only been about 3 weeks since me and oh had sex but have done in the mean time since then also. Anybody else had this? 

• Suzy Q

As a rule of thumb: if you need to do all kinds of things to see a line, like take the test apart, put it under a 1000 watt light, take a picture and invert the colours and fiddle with brightness and saturation etc., that means the line just isn't there.

As for your situation: the instructions tell you to disregard any changes that happen after the time limit, most commonly 10 minutes. They mean lines appearing after that time, but also lines disappearing. As long as your test was positive within the time frame you were supposed to read the test, that was a true positive. Even if it went away. 

If the line was very faint, I understand doubting what you saw. Try retesting in two days. By then your HCG levels should have about doubled, resulting in a clearer line. 

Take a picture of the *INSTRUCTIONS*, focusing on the part where it tells you how long to wait before reading the test stick. Simple enough, right?

SHOW US A PICTURE OF THE INSTRUCTIONS OPENED UP ON THE PART SHOWING YOU THE MINUTES (EXAMPLE: 3 minutes

Source(s):

Nurse