Does God prefer kind atheists over hateful christians?

• Joe

Explain what you mean by "hateful Christians".

All gods are myths so the question is moot.

Why are there so many complex answers to such a simple question? A hateful Christian is an oxymoron. No one who hates can be a Christian. Unfortunately there are many sanctimonious self-righteous delusional people who think they are Christians and don't understand what a true Christian is. The question is illogical and absurd.

• Rufus T. Firefly

I read a bit through your Q/A. How can someone so smart be so apt to use a dumb No True Scotsman fallacy?

Yes, He does...

• Good then! You're wrong then brother. God will not prefer the Godless over his own children. We can be the black sheep of the family but his loving mercy and tender kindness will NEVER depart from us. An atheist offends right off the bat for rejecting God.

• janhoi

I'd probably say kind atheists. After all kindness is one of the characteristics that is suppose to be displayed by someone who has been transformed by Christ, with the scriptures saying the following: "As God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, KINDNESS, humility, meekness and patience"(Colossians 3:12).

Jesus also says that "by their fruits you will know them"(Matthew 7:15-20). In other words by their actions you'll know if they are followers of mine. If someone calls themselves a Christian, but they are incredibly mean-spirited, then honestly they are declaring to the world that their faith is either incomplete or a complete farce to begin with. Likewise if someone is an atheist, and they show kindness to others, that shows they are imitating Christ and being more Christ like than the Christian who says they love Jesus.

Saying you "love Jesus" and "have a personal relationship" with Jesus are hollow words if you don't act like it. In the Gospels there is the story of the famous Garasene Demoniac(Matthew 8:28-34). In the story the demons ask why the son of God is there, and Christ cast them out into a heard of swine. St Symeon the New Theologian, in his commentary on this text makes a fascinating observation. The Demons confess Jesus is the son of god, and the savior of the world. But Christ still cast them out in to a heard of swine. Point being that there are many people who confess Jesus with their lips as Lord, but Christ has nothing to do with them, saying "get away from me I never knew you"(Matthew 7:21-24) because their actions and character makes them worst than swine.

Source(s): Anglican Christian
  • We all die the same.  Who cares which god prefers?

• Idk, would you love your own children more or strangers?

Furthermore, nothing is wrong with hate (gasp!). Hate is a normal human emotion and there's nothing wrong with it at all under the right circumstances. I hate Adolf Hitler. I hate Satan. I hate anyone who hates God, Psalm 139:21, "Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies." God himself hates as well. Look up something called the reprobate doctrine and learn about ACTUAL Christianity, not your typical fake friendly neighborhood republican bullschit "Christianity" that is about as spiritual and meaningful as a paper bag.

Edit: "Don't go telling us the OLD ways is good in an era where you benefit from the NEW. If you're not for slavery, marital rape, bashing babies on rocks, kidnapping virgins, etc. don't go claiming your old way of hate is the right Christianity." Okay, it's official. You're not saved or either an incredibly ignorant pompous baby Christian. Rape is condemned in the OT. Kidnapping virgins? Are you referring to a narrative in the book of Judges that God had NOTHING to do with, that he even distanced himself from by saying at the very end of that chapter, Judges 21:25, "In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes"? Dashing babies on rocks... and, I assume, you're referring to a passage in Psalms where God gives a prophecy about how the armies set to destroy Babylon will be just as happy doing the very thing Babylon did the Israelites. I don't know how this could possibly be a passage you could use to attack God's word, given how it's talking about how what the Babylonians did to the Israelites will end up happening right back to the Babylonians, but okay. The Bible never uses the word slavery to describe its system of servitude. The kind of slavery that we fought the civil war over in which someone would go out and capture and enslave someone for all time and treat them like cattle was literally punished by death in the OT, Exodus 21:16, "And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death." It's so funny how you have no quotes to back up anything you say ever, fake/baby Christian, while I have nothing BUT quotes to back up what I say. Go ahead, and keep opening up your blasphemous mouth. God might just get sick of you and something horrible may happen to you.

• A fictional character can prefer whatever it’s creator wants it to prefer.

• No such thing as kind atheists or hateful Christians. You might as well call apples “oranges”.

• Larry K.

Well, Everad is half right. A hateful Christian is an oxymoron. No one can be a Christian and hate. Apparently lots of people who answered this question are ignorant of the fact!

Trick question ;)

All we know is Christians believe they are to be kind, patient and teaching (Col, Titans, Tim). Their bible tells them a hateful faith is no faith at all (James) and one that pushes people off salvation... a Hell-able offense. If it turns out God is real and some atheist-hating Christians have turned a lot of people off to Jesus because they were just soooo hateful in life, they will find out the hard way this applies to them:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

PSA:

(to no one in particular)

IF you're going to argue with my answer, learn the difference between an atheist (no belief) and a REPROBATE (a believer who hates their god). So you don't look stupid... stupider. Thanks.

ps. ALSO, don't use Old Testament to defend your hatefulness. The New Testament overrides it.

pps. Don't go telling us the OLD ways is good in an era where you benefit from the NEW. If you're not for slavery, marital rape, bashing babies on rocks, kidnapping virgins, etc. don't go claiming your old way of hate is the right Christianity.

• themselves in ways I would never do. I would never waste my time with a microphone on a street corner screaming at these promotion events for sodomite acts.