How can some christians be for gay marriage when the bible is against it?

Christers are generally hypocrites...

I'm cool with gay marriage as long as both chicks are hot 😎

The bible does NOT say to stop (legal discrimination) gay marriage…

It says you should kill gays (Leviticus 20:13)

If you’re not willing to do that then stop using the bible to justify your discrimination because you aren’t even following it.

If you really cared about the sanctity of marriage you'd outlaw divorce.

The number of divorces granted in any month would far out-weigh the number of same-sex couples wanting to marry in any year.

And if you really, really, really cared about the sanctity of marriage you'd follow

Deuteronomy 22:13–21 to the letter...

~

• Everard

AJ, you didn't present an argument.
      I win 😎
      ~

• k w

a product of the teachings of "traditions of men, which make void the Word of God/YHVH.......

• Joe

Christians are not for homosexual marriage, first and foremost because there is no such thing, but also because God has defined homosexuality to be sin.

• Mintee

they want more followers to their church f or more church profits... its about the $$$$

• Paul

Sadly some Christian (Protestant) churches have drifted far away from what God has taught His people.

They are not True Christians, they are what some people call (so-called) Christians.

While the Bible disapproves of homosexual acts, it does not condone hatred of homosexuals or homophobia. Instead, Christians are directed to “respect everyone.” 1 Peter 2:17

Even though they do not condone homosexual relations, true Christians show kindness to all people. Matthew 7:12

Therefore, genuine Christians are not homophobic.

"Gay Christian" is an oxymoron. It is an impossible pairing of two lifestyles. Those that use it are deceiving themselves .

You'll have to find some and ask them. I'm not "for" gay marriage; I just don't think it's my business. It's between them and God.

Two of my gay friends got married, to other people. I wasn't going to stop being their friend just because of that.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • A.J.

There are no specific sections clearly against gay marriage nor a loving homosexual relationship.

There are many sections about helping the poor, aid for refugees, and general acceptance of all children of God.

Hear this preacher and relate it to today's Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIx7xX5tdQ

Youtube thumbnail

• A.J.

And, homosexuality is a state of being. Telling homosexuals not to enjoy sex is like telling a married couple to be abstinent.

I think that some believe they're being kind and tolerant. They don't understand the difference between loving the sin and loving the sinner...or....they are just blatantly disregarding the word of God in favor of their own preferences.

The bible also taught that we should be non judgmental.

When gays interfere or have a negative impact on your life you have something to complain about. Since they don't, you need to try to be more Christ-like and less judgmental.

• katydid

So your God has left it up to YOU to judge others? Why does your God have faith in your judgment but not others? I have Christian friends who are gay. They are kind, good people who don't hurt you and have better things to do than judge others.