Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

How am I supposed to get passed my gf saying she finds my conversations boring and predictable?

We've been together for about 9 years.

Recently, she was away for a month for work. It did not bother me that she didn't respond while she was working. I totally understand that and had no expectations of any responses to my texts, because I understood she was busy.

But when she was off work, drinking with her co-workers, she wouldn't respond to me until after she was done banging out with them..

And this upset me.. I didn't expect an immediate response from her. I understood she's winding down from her 12 hour work day. I don't expect her to text me back immediately. But when she did text me back.. It wasn't until she was done with her night and back at her hotel room.

I guess I should appreciate that.. but I can't help but feel hurt that when she's out having fun, she doesn't give a crap to look at her phone for me...

So the month of work is done, and she tells me that the reason she didn't care to look at her phone while she was out having fun with her co-workers is because she finds my conversations boring, predictable, and she wanted a break from taking to me..

And she expects me to just accept that and get over it, but I just don't know how.

I feel like crap... And she hardly cares..

Yes... She works so hard... Yes, she's tired because if her job... But I can't help how crappy this feels..

She tells me she loves me.. she tells me she's doing all this for our future... She tells me she's sorry (now that it's over).. but I can't get passed feeling like I'm nothing to her...

And maybe she won't leave me today... But i can't help like feeling she eventually will be ready to leave me...

What am I supposed to do..

Please, no "leave her" solutions.... I don't want sick a lazy solution.

• mokrie

Prepare yourself---it sounds like she's restless and ready to move on. She may have gotten male attention for that month away and is ready for a new lover. Be ready to let this girlfriend go. And 9 years is a ridiculous amount of time to play house and not get married. She may want someone that will propose.

Well if you want to stay with her then maybe you need to give her a run for your money and start going out and doing things yourself.

Make her see that you have a life too, this might even lead to better conversations if you have new stuff to talk about and different things to think about other than her.

One thing that struck me is that you two are together 9 years and not married which is a long time.

I wonder why you havnt married yet?