Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Please help me with what you think! Does it mean anything if your ex-boyfriend texts you birthday wishes?

After we broke up about 2 months ago, he was so upset that he would never refer to me by my name or nickname. A few days ago, it was my birthday and he sent me a text referring to me by my nickname and wishing me a happy birthday all in capital letters. I wonder if he wants us back together and if this means anything. Thanks.

• Cathy

He wants you back for a one night stand and some head.

Source(s): Bill Clinton and Melania Trump.
  • GEEGEE

It means he's wishing you a happy birthday and not much else.

• cat

It doesn't mean anything. I was in a relationship with a guy for 6 years, we broke up 3 years ago and we still wish each other a happy birthday and say Merry Christmas every year. Both of us have moved on long ago; neither of us have any feelings for each other. We're both just being polite and keeping in touch.

I mean, I've texted my ex-girlfriend every year since we broke up to say things like "Happy birthday", "Merry Christmas" (even though I can't stand that holiday anymore), "Happy New Year", etc., or even just to talk cause we're still friends. I really can't say that your ex-boyfriend texting your birthday wishes does or doesn't mean that he still likes you. I believe only he would know this for sure.

• Sally

yes.  It means he wants some pvssy from you

i have had exes say happy birthday to me most of the time they were just being nice. maybe your ex got over his anger and has decided to be nice. i wouldn't read anything into it or anything. just say thanks and move on.

• Alan H

Could mean anything or nothing. The next few weeks will show

• Linda

If he texts you happy bday all in caps and referred to you by your nickname, it means he misses you and is hoping to hear from you again.

Answer him back and see where things go. Even if he's just trying to normalize things to where you two can be platonic friends this is progress.

It doesn't mean much. I would be careful reading into these things, first of all you guys only broke up 2 months ago, that's not that long ago. Wishing someone a happy birthday is the social norm in American society, its just what people do. I am sure he cares about you still and was trying to be friendly and nice. But beyond that, he is an EX for a reason. Thank him for the kind gesture and leave it at that.