Do you think it is morally correct for a 24 year old woman to be with a 72 year old man?

"Morally" is relative, we can't judge.

I don't know. Each case is unique, and if they're happy who are us, strangers, to judge them?

• reme_1

I think it is totally inappropriate. They have nothing in common. They can't go anywhere together: dancing, bowling, the clubs. etc. It might be cute for a while but it can not last very long. Morally correct? I am not going to judge someone else's morals but it is really unseemly. People will treat it like a joke. He will referred to all as you father or grandfather and you will be referred to as his grand daughter. It will get old quickly. I was in a relationship with a wonderful young woman who was 20 years my junior. When her mother heard about me her eyes rolled back in her head. I was her age. It was really difficult and when the car insurance man referred to me as her mother I cried out loud.

Not at all. He clearly thinks she is good looking and may even love her and for all I know she may love him or maybe she has her eye on a pot of gold.

If she is more focused on financial gains rather than romantic gains, she is sure not the first women like this and most often their target is no older than she is.

Its their business.

I would say that was on a case-by-case basis, but on the whole it doesn't sound good.

George Burns was asked about his being in his 90s and the risk of cavorting with girls as young as 18. He said they talked about that and agreed, "If she dies, she dies!"

• Robin

yes of course its fine so long as they are both happy

Morally correct? What does morality have to do with it? Assuming that she's not doing it for financial gain there is nothing morally wrong about it. It may be very unconventional but it does happen.

The problem isn't a moral one, it's a generational one. How can a 24 year old and a 72 year old ever relate to one another?

If the man is single or a widower or he's divorced, then yes