Parenting fail?

I was feeding my 18 month old son breakfast this morning. Warmed up porridge. My wife was rushing me so she could head off to work. I checked the first couple of spoonfuls and they were ok but the third spoon was too hot and hurt my son. He spat it out, I comforted him and offered ice and cold milk etc.

But my wife started yelling at me and calling me stupid and dumb. That she had never met a man so stupid with a baby. Questioning where is my brain etc. I felt absolutely terrible.

Then this evening she mentioned that the daycare said he had a bruise on his cheek. I am very sure that there wasn't anything wrong when I dropped him off. I don't think the school would do that. Of course my wife immediately tried to blame me and when I said it wasn't me, she claimed I was lying and that he must have hurt himself because I was careless in the morning with the porridge.

The only thing I could possibly think of is that when I carried him from the pram, he was sleepy this morning and his head bumped the side of my glasses lightly. But not hard enough to bruise or hurt him. So I have no idea what happened.

I don't know if the school or my wife hurt him or if he was playing rough and bumped his face.

Speaking of risks, I actually think my wife is more careless because she mostly feeds him just egg for dinner (even though I cooked food or have frozen organic baby meals in the freezer)...

My wife has jammed his arm in the baby gate by mistake, yelled at him when she was angry and he has fallen a couple of times and banged his head in her care.

I have noticed that he is starting to copy her when she goes off at me. He will start speaking baby speak and using his finger to gesture at things as though he is telling something off.

It's hard because I come off night shift exhausted and sometimes too tired to drive. So I'll take a nap for half an hr after work and then drive home more refreshed. Then I usually have to dress him, change nappy, get his breakfast etc. Today was a total disaster. I slept longer and got repeatedly called to wake up and come home...she was already up and had dressed him. But hadn't given him breakfast yet. Then was getting impatient and saying to hurry up because she needs the car etc...

I told her I would walk him in the pram to the daycare. Which I did. Yesterday was a disaster anyway. She hit the gutter and blew out the tyre, kept driving to her company and may have damaged the rim, I walked my son to daycare and then hopped onto trains to come to her company and take care of the car, couldn't find the jack for my Audi, had to renew roadside service and call someone out, go home sleep 2 hrs, get up for a strata meeting, sleep some more and go to night shift again. Chaos.

Tell her to feed the kid herself next time, and drop him off herself.

Your wife is emotionally abusive.

Two grown adults who don't trust or respect each other decide to have a baby. Yes, that's a parenting fail.