How do you make a pic clearer so you can read it?The cops can enhance a pic to read it better.In this pic,how do you read the dog tag?

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Oh good lawd, the naive mind of the public. What you see done on tv and in the movies is NOT REAL LIFE. A piece of garbage bad photo CANNOT magically be made clear and sharp. That is tv nonsense that ignorant, gulliible people believe.

• 3 weeks ago

You ,we , they , I can't ...

Blurred is forever ...

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The cops can? AFAIK, that only works in TV!

• 3 weeks ago

This is one of the issues that the TV programs like CSI have caused in real courtrooms. Juries actually believe that such photos can be "enhanced" to get a crystal clear image.

You cannot make any more detail appear than what is originally captured. If you can't read the dog tag in the original image, then you can't read the dog tag.

Source(s): CSI... it's what I do.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

In programmes such as CSI the TV producers start with a good picture, then they blur a copy which they show first, then gradually reveal the good pic from beneath the blurred copy.

I very much doubt that any fancy software could make that tag much clearer.

• 3 weeks ago

they can't

you've been watching too much CSI

once you've zoomed in to the limit that's it

• Frank
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The enhancing capabilities that you're referring to is a Hollywood myth. There are resizing apps like the one put out by OnOne. You can read a review of it here: http://blog.kenkaminesky.com/onone-perfect-resize-...

Fact of the matter is that you cannot magically add detail to an image that isn't already there.

• John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

What they said.

• 3 weeks ago

The cops can enhance such a pic only on TV or in the movies - in real life hardly ever.

• 3 weeks ago

No

15 characters

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.