is anyone worried about civil unrest if brexit is not successful?

or an uprising or some kind and a threat to our way of life and democracy?  look at the protests around the world which are presently going on...there appears to be a lot of unhappy people in britain now over whats happening with brexit and i really don't blame them...but the last thing i want is to be a civil uprising or a danger to our way of life or democracy, especially if it causes a lot of people to get extremely pissed off with the government.

this is a serious question so i would appreciate any sensible replies....what do you think might happen if brexit is cancelled and not carried through?

I'm worried about what might happen if Brexit does not go through. My main worry is that we will probably get Corbyn as PM. That will be the first time since the 1970s that we have a card carrying communist in charge. Harold Wilson promised to 'squeeze the rich until the pips squeaked'. We believed him, silly us and then discovered that 'the rich' was us. I earned £3,000 a year as an 18 year old and my taxes were over 50% of my income. I was so poor that I had to walk to work, I could not afford to take public transport. Then my shoes wore out (I only had one pair of course) and I had to go without food to afford the cobbler. As I was (we all were) extremely thin, that was not great either.

Being American, I care as much about it as the Brits care about American politics. (Those Brits who mind their own business anyway).

Britain is doomed. Their economy will suffer. What exactly do they have to export with the rest of the world? Forget banking and finance. That's moving to the EU. Quality of life will suffer and the ones who will complain the most are those that voted for Brexit because the brown people were"taking our jobs." Well good job, you just sent your jobs away.

My guess is that 65% of people in the UK (and a large number of people around world) would breath a sign of relief at the stupid decision they almost made and Boris Johnson would never be heard from again.

• On Saturday, a million people marched on London demanding a people's vote. Most of them are opposed to Brexit. If they riot son, you'll stay rioted. If Brexit doesn't go ahead, there'll be some disappointed pensioners, rich Tories and troglodyte xenophobes. Go ahead and unrest - we'll get you some chairs.

• Silly me for thinking that the last vote was a people's vote. Will we keep voting till we get the answer you want?

No.

You're seriously comparing Brexit to the Hong Kong extradition issue? OMG...

If Brexit falls through, life will go on just as it is now.