Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

Sister cant wake up on her own?? ?

My sister lives a few houses down from me and EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. i have to wake up at 6 am (on my days off. I wake up much ealier for work on weekends) to go to her house and get her up so she can take her son to school. 

My nephew has been late and missed school countless times because her inability to wake up. Social services has already talked to her but nothings changed. 

She has many alarms all blaringly loud. She sleeps right through them. (How i have no idea. I keep telling her to go to the dr cause this isnt normal but she refuses and dosebt have the money for a sleep test)

Everytime i wake her up its the most annoying tedious process. And she gets mad and yells and insists that shes awake when shes not. Shes increadibly heavy sleeper and talks in her sleep. Its near impossible to tell when shes actually awake if she dosent stand up and even then theres no garuntee she wont go right back to sleep. Many times ive left thinking she was awake when she wasnt or her falling right back to sleep. And on too of that when she wakes up shes MEAN. yelling raging ungrataful fits. Its like pulling teeth for like 20 minutes or so every morning. 

I cant go on like this.

What should i do? I dont want my nephew to suffer but i cant deal with this bullsh*t much longer. 

Your right this is not normal or ok. Does she drink or take any medications? If she can't afford a sleep test can she at least go see a doctor to get some advice? All you can do is try but she is an adult and needs to step up and take responsibility.

I’m sorry you and your nephew have to go through this. Try and contact social services again and tell them she’s not doing anything to help her child or herself. If you can, you don’t have to, maybe even offer caring for your nephew while she receives help? At the end of the day you’re doing the best you can and you shouldn’t be dealing with this. A little heartbreaking that your nephew is not really receiving his education because in a way he also has to deal with this. Wish you and your family the best! ❤️

• Frank

IT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. Stop the madness. LET SOMEONE ELSE deal with her MESS. I would not put up with this nonsense from ANYONE.

OR

You can VIDEO TAPE it all and then POST it ON YOUTUBE and MAKE some MONEY. Wake her up with PAILS of ICE WATER. Squirt guns...HOT WATER...TOMATOES! The list could be endless. EMBARRASS THE SH!T out of her and MAKE MONEY!!

She needs to grow up. Tell her she's a grown woman who needs to set an example for her son. That you have had it! Tough crap and you're not doing it anymore!

Seriously!! You have a life to live and it can't be spent early in the morning waking her lazy butt up and out of bed!!

How ridiculous!! She needs to get with the program called adulthood!!! AND...why haven't you told her this by now?!! In my opinion, you're both to blame!!

You've received lots of practical advice in other answers: an alarm clock for your nephew, some medical assistance for your sister, a bedshaker alarm clock, having your nephew stay with you sometimes. All good except the last.

This isn't your responsibility! Help your sister to do it. Why is your sister unable to wake up? Is your bother-in-law keeping her up all night? Does she work until early morning? Does she go out partying?

But the most important question is why you feel you must do what you are doing. Fix yourself and the answer to your sister's problem will become clear.

maybe the alarm clock should be in your nephews room and let him wake up his mom

• Linda

She probably has narcolepsy unless she has a drug or alcohol problem. Insist she see a doctor. Make an appt for her. Then take her. She needs help!

• Tavy

Give your nephew an alarm, no matter what his age he can get himself up.

• keerok

Wouldn't it be easier if you take your nephew home instead?

U can simply poison your sister in sleep p very easy ur nephew can finally do well in school and no bullshit 4 u