Why are so many gay men willing to risk raw sex? ?

I've been on grindr looking for a casual connection. In the time I've been there I'm astounded at the amount of guys who are actually educated professionals and level headed men.... willing to have unprotected sex seemingly without even caring about HIV / STD's.....

Is no one afraid anymore?? 

is the antiretrovirals really that good??? 

Someone please help me understand. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

When a guy cums in you, the feeling of sperm in your rectum is so much more sexciting than a condom that smells like a old inner tube.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't know why anyone would risk that with a stranger, whether homosexual or heterosexual. There's certainly nothing wrong with raw unprotected sex, and as long as all involved are completely clean and free of all STDs it's perfectly safe. But in order to know they are STD-free, each one would have to go to a clinic or their doctor for a thorough STD screening so they could have peace of mind for themselves, as well as proving to their sex partner(s) that they are clean. You can't really do that when you're hooking up with someone spur of the moment; there may be a wait time for an appointment, and test results can take 2 weeks to come back. Without clean test results, they should absolutely use condoms and protect themselves.

The safety factor also requires all involved to be sexually exclusive with only each other. If anyone has sex with some other person, that completely throws out any sense of sexual health considering they wouldn't know the sexual health of that other person. If someone is going to be having sex with multiple people, protection must be used to ensure STD safety.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They're all on PrEP and think they're immune. Pretty soon we're going to have HIV-resistant PRep...

edit: Oop, already exists. It's still rare but it will spread and then we're back to where we were before. Just wear condoms you f#ckwits.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30963509

• 3 weeks ago

False dichotomy, most HIV patients are Straight men.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can be book smart and street stupid.

• 3 weeks ago

Because some men in general just don't like to wear condoms

• Peter
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Bent folk on here often defend their perverse sexual practices by claiming that 'it's natural, as animals do it'. Well, given that animals don't use condoms It would seem that bent folk are just getting back to nature by exercising their animalistic tendencies.

• 3 weeks ago

Because all of them have all the diseases already.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.