Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Should women continue to be exempt from selective service registration?

• Jack

"Should women continue to be exempt from selective service registration?"

No, I don't believe they should.

I mean lets understand that the selective service registry is intended to be used to conscript citizens into military service should the need arise. Requiring all men to register into this service implies that they must be prepared to pay a blood debt in exchange for their citizenship rights...and make no mistake that this blood debt was instrumental in landing universal male suffrage.

When our culture was different, and men and women were much more symbiotic rather than adversarial, you could make the case that hoisting the blood debt solely on men was acceptable. However in this day and age, where women have the vote without ever having to do anything to earn it, and where feminists have established a culture which sees women viewing men more as oppressors and adversaries, there is a problem when one half of the populace that does not carry the blood debt potentially has the power to put in politicians that could send a significant number of the other half of the populace that has been burdened with the blood debt to their deaths in wars.

In this day and age, there's no reason for healthy able bodied women without young dependent children to be exempt from selective service!

That should only be for the women who chooses to stick to their own assigned gender.

The only people who should be able to sign up to any Military Organisation, should be people who voluntarily sign up. It should be illegal for Governments to Enforce a person to join up to fight. So many of us are fundamentally against fighting/war/killing. Even if we support the Military financially, and understand the commitment each person makes, doesn't mean we should be made to fight too.

However, if women voluntarily want to sign up to join the Military, then they should be allowed to. Just don't make people who are against joining up, do it.

No! Women should be drafted first.

No one should. I would also be in favor of reviving the draft, reducing the professional army to the bare minimum required for training draftees, REQUIRING REGISTRATION AND TWO YEARS OF SERVICE AS A CONDITION OF CITIZENSHIP AND FULL ADULT LEGAL RIGHTS, abolishing the old exemptions for fathers (and now mothers) and for college students. I would also argue that local national guard service should not make you exempt. (In Vietnam days it wasn't like with Iraq, they weren't sent into combat, signing up in the national guard was a way to get out of the draft)

If our corporate masters' state cannot convince an army of angry civilian conscripts that their war is worth fighting and interrupting (and possibly losing) their lives for, they have no business fighting a war.

And such military training and weapons being dispersed out in the population means a built-in deterrent to either local military coupsters or invasion. Many people would fight to defend their homes, but would be reluctant to fight elsewhere - which is just fine by me.

Plus, there would be a massive increase in gun safety. TRAINED people seldom wave weapons around carelessly.

And with eliminating all the exemptions, the wealthy's and powerful's kids would go too.

I would also classify working on a dam, nursing the contagious, fighting forest fires, or teaching in a poor school district, as "service." I'm sure I can think of other stuff, too, but the point is, SOME sort of serious sacrifice, under discipline.

Politics is the BIG casino, where life-and-death issues are settled. I don't think you should even be allowed to vote if you won't put your butt up on that table, rather than just a handful of chips you bought with tax money.

• Bill

Selective service should be repealed. I fail to understand the appeal of expanding a bad idea.

No. Laws should be gender neutral.

Unless the draft comes back, there is no reason to bother.

• ?

Women should actually choose if they want to partake in equality. They should have the right to be just women with traditional privileges and nooses. Its not really up to upper middle class to decide for ALL women. If they sign up for equality,,,yes...they should be drafted too.

Women have a right to be their traditional gender. Feminism has become has if gay men called themselves the real men and called the shots for all others. Freedom of choice.

• Stan

Is signing up for selective service still a thing?

I know I did it back in the eighties but I thought they did away with that?