Are there any lightbulbs that create a lot of heat?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Justin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

The heat lamps they use to keep french fries piping hot are technically light bulbs. I have one that has to be screwed in only while wearing leather gloves because the instant it makes contact, the bulb becomes hot enough to give your hand second degree burns. You can screw it in before turning it on, of course, but I am just using that an illustration of how much heat it produces. I found one in an old barn once and mistook it for a black light. Fortunately, I was wearing gloves when I screwed it in to test it.

I use them to heat up flower boxes when the weather is extremely cold by creating a 'hot box' positioned next to the actual flower box. It requires very little time to heat up the entire flower box to a toasty environment just from a single connected vent out of the hot box.

• 3 weeks ago

Most certainly sir

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, light bulbs contain fire which can spread heat if you leave it on too long ^_^

• 3 weeks ago

Ever hear of a "heat lamp" ???

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Halogen work well

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, all of them -- to more or less amount. Of course old tungsten filament bulbs do, but so do florescent types, and even new LED bulbs, although at a smaller amount. The higher the wattage, the higher amount of heat.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, the old filament bulbs.....90% heat and 10% light.

They were very inefficient.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, the old tungsten bulbs pumped out a lot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.