If I purchase a smart phone do I need to have a sim card?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

If you get one through a carrier you automatically have one to the carrier you get if through.

If you get one unlocked it won't come with a sim card and would be more expensive since you are paying the phone up front. With this option you would have to buy your own sim card and Wal-Mart and other retailers typically has them.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Can you not buy a SIM Card separately where you are located?

• 4 weeks ago

• 4 weeks ago

Without a sim card, it will not be able to access cellular data; phone calls will be impossible, texting would only be possible on Wi-Fi, and anything else you might use cellular would be locked behind the cage of big cellular.

If you are buying from a provider, you may receive the phone with a sim card already set up and inserted. If you buy the phone independently of a provider, you have to set up a cellular plan and insert the sim card yourself.

May le fource be with vous.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf

• 4 weeks ago

If you're going to be making calls and sending texts, then the answer is yes. Most smartphones are included with the provider's SIM card (preinstalled in a majority of them).

• 4 weeks ago

It's a smartphone, not a miracle phone.  If you want to use it as a phone and not just as a tablet then you'll need a SIM card!

• 4 weeks ago

If you want to make calls then. I used my Moto X without sim for years . I used it as a gaming device. You just need WiFi to download apps .

• 4 weeks ago

you need to ask the place you purchased it from this question

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, always. You always need a sim card. The phone won't turn on without one. Some phones will even internally combust if you try to press the power button without a sim card inserted.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.