Do you agree with Kamala Harris that men who pay prostitutes should be arrested but female prostitutes should not.?

Prostitution often pays better than lawful employment so women who turn to prostitution are really just victims according to Harris.

"Do you agree with Kamala Harris that men who pay prostitutes should be arrested but female prostitutes should not.?"

No more than I agree that we should punish drug users while letting drug dealers off the hook.  Same logic there.  The only difference is that feminists will come up with all sorts of strange "victim" ideas in order to push their double standards that ALWAYS blame men while giving women a break .... ALWAYS!

Did I mention always??

.

• Kowabunga

right. i was going to use the drug dealer and drug logic as well but i thought saying they arent victims unless they are forced with no other choice what so ever would be better

To make it safer for these vulnerable sex workers, it should be legalised and the "Brothels', should have Security Personnel to protect the staff. This is the only way to go, Prostitution is never ever ever going to stop and currently it's the sex worker that has to take desperate chances every time they agree to sell their bodies, with possible violent lunatics.

Yes, totally, but you also have to be wary of sex workers being exploited.

Disagree. If prostitution is legal then it's legal for one to pay and one to sell. She is just a misandrist.

Prostitution and paying for it is wrong. Both are wrong. How can you sugar coat prostitution?

Actually I don't think that prostitution should be illegal at all. I believe that if people want to give their bodies up, possibly get diseases and/or end up dead, let them go ahead. That just knocks down the population a little bit and then you won't have to worry about paying taxes for the jails/prisons these prostitutes and johns end up in.

Kamala Harris hates white people and certainly white men.

• Elana

Generally, the idea is not to punish buyers but not providers. That is, a male prostitute wouldn't be prosecuted but a female "john" would. The bill is not gendered.

That may be so, but the vast majority of prostitutes are female and the vast majority of johns are male.

I wonder if Ms. Harris would think that if she should be found consorting with a male prostitute that she should go to jail and he should not. If I had to guess, under those circumstances, she would come to the more enlightened position ...

The more enlightened position? Prostitution should not be illegal. Indeed, it should be taxed and regulated.

There are all kinds of bad things associated with prostitution that could/should be illegal (such as trafficking), but the idea of exchanging sex for money is never going away. Ever.

• Bill

I will admit I was just throwing out a number, but at the same time I doubt it's extremely high. With women having dating sites where they can get dozens upon dozens of messages a day even if they're ugly it seems pretty silly for them to use a prostitute anyway.

• so

Sex work should be legal. If legal, it would be less dangerous.

• Bill

Punishing the buyer and not the seller makes no sense. If no one was selling no one would be looking to buy.

What is with women and this crap anyway? Men throughout history have punished men over women, but it would appear that women are incapable of even getting close to that standard, so all they do is propose ideas that either advantage women or not punish them at all. Yeah, women are equally qualified to lead my a*ss

• Bill

I've said as much a few times myself.

No way. I am actually glad its illegal. It gives the idea to other women that its not right and you could be punished for it, i mean no one wants their daughters or mothers to be prostitute. keep it illegal to push women away from it.

and no they arent just victims. just because it pays more doesnt mean anybody forced you into it. you are victim when you seriously have no choice and forced into it

• DeLayne

Women are whores! They get paid to spread their legs all the time. They are greedy, money-grubbing leeches! They're not victims.