How do I fix this?!?

My dog dropped a bone on my laptop screen and this happened, it’s a windows computer, big screen, and it cost my dad a lot of money and I don’t want him to find out. Is there any way to fix this without telling my parents?

The screen itself is physically damaged. There is no way to repair it other than to replace the screen. Depending on the model, a replacement screen can run from $50 to $100 for a non-touch screen and double that for a touch screen.

Go to a repair shop and have them install a new screen into the laptop

Hi. Yeah, busted LCD or plasma screen, You can find the replacement screen online for about $65US probably, then You can take it to a local shop for another $65US for one hour's labor.

GOOD news is that until You can personally "find or save" that much cash You can actually use the laptop with a TV set that accepts whatever kind of outputs the laptop has for video.

You can find out in the manual - unless You can recognize port types Yourself anyway, & pick up a cable for about $12US from Amazon whichever type it uses.

Most likely VGA or HDMI, or newer models use "Displayport".

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt...

G'Luck!!!

A dog bone did that? Was it a femur or a bone from a horse? From what height did bone fall? 2 meters? I doubt it was caused by a bone. Either you dropped the laptop or hit the screen with something. Tell your dad and be honest.

Check eBay for a replacement screen.

You'll also need the tools and skills for doing the replacement.

You seek help from extended family and then tell your Dad how the accident happened and how you know he's going to be short of money, but 'Grandma' says she'll help if I give up some of my birthday and Christmas money.

Yes it's guilt-tripping but that's how life works.

i would just tell your dad, its not your fault, its your dog's fault

Damaged lcd screen, cost about $100+ to replace

• Jim

It's broken and you are screwed.

Replace the screen and display. Have a nice day.