Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 weeks ago

I love the name Tommy but hate Thomas, what should I do?

Is it too weird to just call my son Tommy? I just really don’t like Thomas, and he would get called tommy all the time anyways 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • blank
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

It works fine as a stand alone name in my opinion.

• blank
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Marie why do you comment on everyone's answers and make comments as such.?Everyone has thier own opinions.

• 3 weeks ago

You could always call him another name with a Tommy nn

Tomas (Toe-mass)

Tomlin/Tomlinson/Tomalin

Thompson/Thomson/Thomason

• John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

At school, and when applying for jobs etc, your son might come across the assumption that his "real" name is Thomas, so he might have to explain several times in his life that his name is Tommy.

• 3 weeks ago

Name your kid Furvius

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I'd call him Tom and use Tommy as his nickname but no reason you can't just call him Tommy.

• 3 weeks ago

name him stephan

• Danny
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Then call him Tommy, put Tommy on his birth certificate then his name won't be Thomas, tell people his name is Tommy and not Thomas if they ask or call him Thomas.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Then make his first name Tommyrymmydyngdyngdyngyflydymphthld.  Trust me, nobody's even going to try to call him by his full name then.  He'll for sure be Tommy to everyone.

• 3 weeks ago

No it's not. There no law saying you cant call him Tommy so what's making you think you can't?

• 3 weeks ago

Call him Tom.......

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.