my old phones wifi is not turning on, please read details!?

my iphone 8 broke, so i have my old iphone 5 im going to use for the next few days when i get my iphone 8 fixed. i tried turning on the wifi, but it wont turn on. maybe this is because i got my data transferred to my iphone 8, and at the AT&T store, they probably shut off something on my iphone 5. how do i fix this?

The wifi on a cell phone has nothing to to with your cell phone carrier (unless you are dealing with hotspots). You could got buy an iPhone today from the Apple store and never associate or activate it on a carrier and use wifi just fine.

So something else is going on. I would start with a factory reset. When stating up, just don't go through activation on a carrier.

There's no way to completely disable the Wi-Fi on an iDevice short of physically removing the antenna(s). So your theory is completely incorrect.

But anyways, I'm sure you've tried a reboot, right? If that still doesn't fix the problem, then try resetting the network settings (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings). This will erase all of the Wi-Fi networks from your phone that it has connected to in the past. After it is done, check to see if you can turn on and connect to Wi-Fi.

If it still doesn't work, consider performing a factory reset. This of course will wipe everything off of your phone, but it can help fix odd issues with your device. If after you do a factory reset the phone still doesn't turn on Wi-Fi, it most likely means there's a hardware problem with your phone and cannot be fixed easily.

maybe you should have your internet service provider help you with it