Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

I was shamed as a child by my peers and parents for being a female. I now hate my body, my curves, my high voice. how do i self accept?

I feel embarrassed and ashamed when guys check out my body. I didn't choose to have curves.

now I cover myself up with baggy clothing and my hair is now buzzed and. I never wear makeup

how do I accept myself??

I am not interested in being a male, i am not a lesbian either,

I just don't like being a female.

Seek professional help to undo the damage done to you.

Something similar happened to me. My mother made me feel ashamed of my big (according to her) butt since I was a child. She forced me to wear loose skirts and dark-colored trousers (dark blue and black) to hide my butt. My parents also put me in a gym when I was 13 because according to them I would lose all friends due to my big booty.

Now, as an adult, I've realized two things:

1) My butt is not disproportionately big. It is round but in proportion with the rest of my body. Several people have told me I'm in good shape and even (too) thin.

2) My mothers' butt is several times bigger than mine.

Conclusion: as an adult, I couldn't care less. I've learned to accept my butt the way it is. You shouldn't pay much attention to other people's opinions. More often than not, they don't make much sense. Some people are truly evil and want you to feel bad about yourself. Don't give them power over you.

It might help to talk to a professional counselor.

maybe you should get some counseling,it might help you out