Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 3 weeks ago

Why does my strep keep coming back like this?

I’m in nursing classes right now and even I don’t know why it’s doing it.

I’m 16 and female,

about a month ago i got a really severe case of strep. I got antibiotics and it went away.

A few days after ENDING my antibiotics, it came back. I started another round of the same antibiotics.

2 days ago i just ended my 2nd round of that antibiotic and my throat is red and i’m starting to feel it coming back.

What the heck? i’ve never had this happen. it’s like i’m sick unless i’m taking antibiotics. any help?

MIGHT BE BETTER TO GO SEE A ENT DOC..

Strep is caused by some sort of IRRITATION maybe by post nasal drip, and or bacteria, some forms of strep are resistant to antibiotics. If the immune system becomes weak or you have an underlying condition the strep can recurr.

Did your health care provider do a strep culture to test for such??

Medications usually used to treat this condition;;;

Penicillin, Cephalexin, Amoxicillin, Rifampin and Clindamycin.

The last resort for this if all else fails is a tonsilletomy.

Source(s): nurse

i would go see your doctor about it and ask him how you can get rid of it for good

Have you been to an infectious disease specialist? You may have something other than ordinary strep and require a different antibiotic to knock it out.

Do you eat natural food to kill bacteria/virus like raw honey, coconut oil, etc? Maybe try a naturopath doctor?