Why cant landlord use diametrous earth for bedbugs? Private contract? Lawsuit? Had to buy it myself 3 tenants moved out?

Not a single bug in my apt but others are infested using spray and pro extErminators.

It killed all the bugs for me and my neighbor...works good DE is the ticket.

They can. Many simply do not know about it. Most landlords go strait to professionals for bed bugs.

For those saying it is harmful - no it is not. You can get a food grade kind that is safe for humans & pets. It only hurts bugs.

• R P

Where are you located? I find it odd that there are laws anywhere against landlords using diatomaceous earth to treat their property for bedbugs.

They can, it just isn't enough to get rid of an infestation if that is all you do.

Good to know it works, IF I ever get them. If it really works, the reason why exterminators don't use it is because they would go out of business. Their business is bad - really bad, toxic chemicals. Anyone can buy diatomaceous earth. We use food grade in the yard from time to time.

maybe cause it dont work, ive had them myself and had to have my place heat treated, and sprayed 5 times plus i had to get rid of my bed and couch, i sleep on an airbed cause theres no mattress for them to live in and i never replaced my couch, havent seen them in a yr and a half

It's bad for your lungs, I only use it outside. Try baking soda and vinegar.

Edit: your lungs, your choice. Check no one else minds.

• babyboomer1001

It's perfectly safe if handled properly and there are inexpensive lung masks - purchase at any hardware store.

Yes what you doing ok