Why cant landlord use diametrous earth for bedbugs? Private contract? Lawsuit? Had to buy it myself 3 tenants moved out?

Update:

Not a single bug in my apt but others are infested using spray and pro extErminators.

Update 2:

It killed all the bugs for me and my neighbor...works good DE is the ticket.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

They can. Many simply do not know about it. Most landlords go strait to professionals for bed bugs.

For those saying it is harmful - no it is not. You can get a food grade kind that is safe for humans & pets. It only hurts bugs.

• R P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Where are you located? I find it odd that there are laws anywhere against landlords using diatomaceous earth to treat their property for bedbugs.

• 3 weeks ago

They can, it just isn't enough to get rid of an infestation if that is all you do.

• 3 weeks ago

Good to know it works, IF I ever get them. If it really works, the reason why exterminators don't use it is because they would go out of business. Their business is bad - really bad, toxic chemicals. Anyone can buy diatomaceous earth. We use food grade in the yard from time to time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

maybe cause it dont work, ive had them myself and had to have my place heat treated, and sprayed 5 times plus i had to get rid of my bed and couch, i sleep on an airbed cause theres no mattress for them to live in and i never replaced my couch, havent seen them in a yr and a half

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's bad for your lungs, I only use it outside. Try baking soda and vinegar.

Edit: your lungs, your choice. Check no one else minds.

• babyboomer1001
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

It's perfectly safe if handled properly and there are inexpensive lung masks - purchase at any hardware store.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes what you doing ok

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.