Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 weeks ago

My landlord is a bigot and tells me to "go back to my country". Is this harassment?

Hi yahoo answers. I think my landlord harasses me. First off I don't get along with my landlord for many reasons, but during our heated arguments he takes it too far when he tells me to "go back to my country" where I can "have things go my way".

One time I overheard my landlord's wife making racist comments about me when she was sitting on a chair on their balcony and talking to someone on the phone. I think he even raised my rent just because my nationality is Mexican. Should I file a civil complaint against him?

In the most blatant way. Hit her racist behind where it hurts the most. SUE THE BIGOT.

• R P

"theoretical landlord."

He must have voted for Trump

well he is kinda right, you can go back to your country you know? I mean it's an option that is always open. Maybe he is pissed off because you have that option and he has none like that. He is stuck in that hellhole

• p4 weeks agoReport

you're not being serious

Floors me how many people actually thinks this is a serious post!  Heated argument?  Your assss would have been evicted many moons ago if you were one of my tenants.

Yes. !!! I would move out

• zipper

YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!

• You say you don’t get on for many reasons, could your attitude be contributing to this? Maybe you both need to look at the way you treat each other. There are always two sides to every story after all but no he shouldn’t be saying go back to your own country. That’s not cool... rent gets raised no matter where you come from, stop blaming everything on race.

• Tishebee

What about the bigots attitudes. They don't get to get away with harassing people because they are white. They should be sued.

Pay your rent and on time and you wouldn't have a problem..

If you don't like your landlord, move..

All landlords raise rent and don't need an excuse to do so

• sirjester099

You shouldn't ever have to deal with your landlord as long as you pay your rent on time every month and you comply with the lease! The fact that this person allowed you to rent an apartment from them proves he/she isn't racist.
      Between the two of you I would say that it is you who is racist!

• Nick

I believe you to be a troll.

You are here getting a life and you want to sue someone who is renting to you? Why are YOU arguingi with them?

• Tishebee

That slumlord should get one of the biggest lawsuits ever and they won't have to worry about where they are allowed to live. The slumlord is a real piece of PUS.

Record him saying this and SUE him.