where is the doorbell speaker in your house?

whenever you ring a doorbell you can hear it throughout the entire house. but where is the speaker???????

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It's not a speaker, it's a chime that's usually located in the hallway.

• 4 weeks ago

Think Easter egg, and go find it (the chime).

• 4 weeks ago

It's a speaker that plugs directly into a socket but it's never plugged in, defeating the objective. There isn't many plug sockets, the building is old and hasn't been updated well so there's not enough sockets for today's living.

• 4 weeks ago

Ours is in the hallway, near the door.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I have a Ring Doorbell, so it's my cell phone that buzzes.

• Ding Dong
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

That's really cool, I didn't know such a thing existed.

• 4 weeks ago

kitchen..................

• 4 weeks ago

The heart of a doorbell is an electromagnet. Electromagnets are coils of wire wrapped around a small piece of magnetic metal. When electricity passes through the wire, it creates a magnetic field around the wire.

When you press a doorbell button, you complete an electrical circuit that allows household electricity to flow through the doorbell's internal electromagnet. The magnetic field generated by the electromagnet is then used to power a mechanism that creates the doorbell sound.

Doorbells are low-voltage devices. This means they require relatively little energy to operate. An important part of a doorbell mechanism is the transformer. The transformer converts regular 120-volt household current to the lower voltage (usually somewhere between 6-16 volts) required by the doorbell.

A simple chime doorbell uses the magnetic field created by the electromagnet to move a magnetic piston to strike two tone bars. This makes that “ding dong" sound you've probably heard many times.

Source(s): https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-does-a-doo... literally copied from this website
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.