Do you like the name blanket as a name or nickname?

Ask the Jackson family.

No, I don't. It's not a good choice.

• Kevin

Neither

The only person to name this had it as a nickname after his father dangled him over a balcony, as a baby, covered with a blanket. A nickname start by the press

Blanket Jackson, born Prince Michael Jackson II is the youngest of the Jackson children. He changed his name to Bigi after persistent bullying from others for being called Blanket, his childhood nickname.

Troll

fifteen filler

Neither. Blanket is a thing, not a name. Certain stuff shouldn't be names, and that includes Blanket

• John P

Only if she will wrap herself around me! I am surprised to note from Anonymous that it was ever used as a name, even more surprised to note that it was used for a male.

A "blanket" is a thing - not a person's name.  Certain NOUNS do not work well as NAMES and "blanket" is one of those.

As a nickname - fine - whatever.

On a birth certificate as an official name - NEVER.

And I don't even care that someone famous actually used it as a  name.  Also - when "Blanket" became old enough - he changed his name.