Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

Why do you listen to audio books?

I tried and had to stop. I can read a book 5x faster with my eyes than it takes someone to orate it.

Why listen instead of read?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

So that you don't have to read and you focus more.

• 4 weeks ago

I listen when I'm driving and can't read.

• 4 weeks ago

Because that's the person's choice. There's an adage that says "different strokes for different folks".

• 4 weeks ago

I prefer reading, audio books have their advantages. I started listening as a student, when I had a part time job cleaning offices and factories late at night/early morning.I would usually be all alone in these huge buildings and it made the time pass faster.

Now I usually listen in the dark before falling asleep, many are also great to fall asleep to.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Fan
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I listen better than read. I can't read very well. Unless I'm forced to for school. I have to read out loud. Or copy word-for-word by hand. I just can't read. I'm jealous of you

• 4 weeks ago

I dont..........................

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

to spare myself the eyestrain. so i can listen in the dark. so i can listen while doing other things (like, yes, driving)

• 4 weeks ago

Try reading a book at night.

• 4 weeks ago

Because I can’t read when I’m driving. The only time I listen to audio books is when I’m driving long distance and when I’m in the mountains, I can’t get good reception so I’ll listen to audiobook.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.