Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Are there signs someone has no friends, no social activity and strained or absent family relations?

I want to know if I give off signs like that because I heard narcissists like to target lonely people with nobody in their life.

I have 2 narc parents and am trying to go no contact and leave the home one day. But having been raised by these evil minded people, I understandably have some real dire issues such as social anxiety, being foeced into being a loner for many years (because of lack of social skills or whatever, who knows why), etc.

Last thing I want is to attract more narcissists. Now that I'm aware of them and how they operate, I'm probably less likely to get cornered by one...but still, don't want a big red "PICK ME" sign...

Thanks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Lila
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

I don't think there are "signs" as such. But standing up for yourself and being assertive will help deter toxic people because they will not hang around someone who can stand up for themselves and doesn't let themselves be used or put up with bulls*it. Even if you don't feel confident in yourself appearing confident and being sure of what you want will give the signal you are not to be messed with. Toxic or narcissistic people prey on weak people or people who are easily influenced. Don't be that person.

• Poppy
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Avoiding socializing, people who can't make friends tend to give up on it and avoid socializing. Fidgeting, having a quiet voice, keeping head low, avoiding eye contact, not having a straight back, unfocused eyes, other forms of shyness/anxiety; shows that you have difficulty therefore possibly don't have friends.

iow, show some confidence.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.