Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 months ago

Have you known a dog to die from eating chocolate?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

    Could care less. I love chocolate 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    Yes! Several years ago on the uk tv news, two bulldogs ate some chocolate and died as a result of eating it!

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Glo
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

    Never given a dog chocolate, therefore my answer is no.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

    No. My dachshund ate half a pan of brownies once and never had an issue with that. She was such a little pig that one. Miss her though.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

    Chocolate is toxic to dogs & they can consume about 1 ounce per pound of the dogs weight before it becomes deadly, dark chocolate is far more toxic than milk chocolate. A 60 lb dog would have to eat about 7 1/2 pounds of chocolate to kill it. Some dogs much less. It is kinda the average. It causes a lot of stomach In intestinal problems & diarrhea.

    Get on google & do more research. It is something rather important if you own dogs. People need to do proof their home to keep their dog safe.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

    No - because I DON'T give mine chocolate.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    Yep. Mine died two days ago after it ate a tub of juicy weed brownies.

    Source(s): Russian schizophrenic
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

    I know a dog that are chocolate, and was dying, but their owner took them to the vet so they managed to help him just in time. chocolate contains small amounts of poison, if humans have 13lb of it it will kill us, however dogs do not need as much for it to poison them. Just like raisins, which are also poisonous to dogs

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    Yes..............................

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • TK
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    Yes. Two Dachshunds opened a box of assorted chocolates from under the Christmas tree. One survived and the other died. Dogs belonged to a friend.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.