Jimbot asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Have you known a dog to die from eating chocolate?

• P

Yes! Several years ago on the uk tv news, two bulldogs ate some chocolate and died as a result of eating it!

• Glo

Never given a dog chocolate, therefore my answer is no.

No. My dachshund ate half a pan of brownies once and never had an issue with that. She was such a little pig that one. Miss her though.

Chocolate is toxic to dogs & they can consume about 1 ounce per pound of the dogs weight before it becomes deadly, dark chocolate is far more toxic than milk chocolate. A 60 lb dog would have to eat about 7 1/2 pounds of chocolate to kill it. Some dogs much less. It is kinda the average. It causes a lot of stomach In intestinal problems & diarrhea.

Get on google & do more research. It is something rather important if you own dogs. People need to do proof their home to keep their dog safe.

No - because I DON'T give mine chocolate.

Yep. Mine died two days ago after it ate a tub of juicy weed brownies.

Source(s): Russian schizophrenic
  • Nathan

I know a dog that are chocolate, and was dying, but their owner took them to the vet so they managed to help him just in time. chocolate contains small amounts of poison, if humans have 13lb of it it will kill us, however dogs do not need as much for it to poison them. Just like raisins, which are also poisonous to dogs

• Maxi

Yes..............................

• Robert

My Chihuahua (10 lb) and a bulldog mix (about 40 lbs) opened and ate an 8 oz bag of Halloween chocolates. There were several bags available, but they only ate one bag. I know the Chihuahua ate some of it, because there were at least two foil wrappers in his poop. Neither dog was affected. It was that relatively inexpensive chocolate available at Wal-Mart around Halloween.

• TK

Yes. Two Dachshunds opened a box of assorted chocolates from under the Christmas tree. One survived and the other died. Dogs belonged to a friend.