Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

What's wrong with socialism?

I don't want silly name calling. Give me actual reasons why it's bad.

Human nature.

Some people are greedy, some people are idle, some both.

Look at the USSR - their socialist "equality" resulted in rulers living in higher levels of luxury than most other countries royalty or dictators, while the rest of the people had to queue to get basic foods.

And they needed walls/fences and armed guards to prevent people leaving! - plus massive levels of policing to try and prevent any public criticism of the system.

It may work for small groups of people who all agree and work together, but not large societies.

• Lexington8 months agoReport

Human nature is also not an argument. Most of human nature is created by the conditions that they are brought up under.

• Zirp

Ask again and include your definition of what it is.

the honest answer for many will be "It won't allow me to get rich off of other people's work"

• 7 months agoReport

look in the dictionary of what is communism. That is also my definition. iF you don't have an answer then don't click on the question.

Hello Boo. I think SumDude sort of explains it. Those of us that work, and put in an honest effort to do our jobs, don't want to subsidize those that don't want to work. (See "Green New Deal") Why should we hurt ourselves when there are hose that want to simply play Xbox all day. Everyone should work and put in an effort towards contributing to our economy and society.

There are certain socialist policies I support.... living wage and affordable health care.

Source(s): I am an independent voter.

Socialism kills motivation. People will not work to support their lazy neighbors. When everyone quits working, we all die.

• Zany

If you have several hours to discuss it and the relation that countries with Socialist platforms have with others in a global economy, I would suggest that YA isn't a good spot to get an answer.

Not a thing if it is an all voluntary collective. Can't do that on a national scale. As soon as you force people to join, the whole idea of a chance at "equality" evaporates.

And if you have to force someone to become part of a collective, chances are the collective needs them much more than they need it.

Nothing really, it's good in theory, its execution is a different issue....

What republicans could do with it.

dude, socialism means demanding that your labor and your life belong to society.

Over your own objections if you had any, and if you did have any, it wouldn't matter, according to socialism.

He's just so exciteable, isn't he? Must be that Latin temper ;)