Am I entitled to an opinion on abortion?

I feel as if abortion is a very controversial topic in society. However, I have conflicting feelings about how I should feel about it. 1. I am a father of 2 girls whom I am very thankful for. 2. I feel as if I should have a neutral opinion neither supporting or opposing. I was brought up to believe it was wrong and that It's not the babies fault, It takes TWO to make a baby and both parents are responsible. What a woman does with her body is her choice, I agree. I see more and more young women around me opposed to anti abortion. Should I educate myself more on the subject, or just remain opinion less?

I agree that your opinion should be neutral. However, if you happen to be Christian and Protestant you might be interested to know that God clearly approves of abortion, as is stated several times very clearly in Scripture, so personally that's enough for me.

• amy

Yes your have the right to any opinion. Also as a male you have no reproductive rights so this should interest you. However people will always have an opinion rather they agree or not. personally Im prochoice but im very disgruntled with the american process of it.

"Am I entitled to an opinion on abortion?"

We are all humans and thus should all be entitled to an opinion regarding the ideas surrounding human life.

Otherwise I propose a new rule:

Only women are entitled to an opinion on abortion. Only men are entitled to an opinion regarding financial child support.

.

LMAO. You're not a father.

You're most likely a 12 year old troll.

• Zirp

yes you are entitled to an opinion.

but ultimately, how many men have died in childbirth?

• Bill

How many people think women shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion if their life is in danger?

Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as you don't believe that it's only your opinion that matters. Your wife and daughters also have their own opinions too. Safe sex should be taught in school and parents should also remind their teens to stay 'safe'.

The Roe vs Wade decision was not about the morality of abortion. The question was whether established law places the mother’s right to privacy above the state’s interest in the child. Because established law does not grant the rights of personhood until birth, the court had to conclude that the mother’s right to privacy takes precedence. You are free to feel however you genuinely feel about abortion, as long as you follow the law. And legally, it’s none of your beeswax.

• Bill

They could have easily decided it on different grounds, but simply decided not to because the privacy argument worked best to support their position on abortion.

• Bill

You should stop thinking you should have this or that opinion on something. Instead of restricting yourself to some sort of rule about what is an acceptable position just allow yourself to follow your own opinions.

Regardless of any of that, the argument of "my body, my choice" is an invalid argument because it entirely ignores that she is not acting towards her body and her body alone. Normally when we allow people to kill another party under the law we do so under the framework of protecting life, while in this case that whole framework is ignored and we instead run on the baseless argument that the woman can do whatever she wants to her own child merely because that child is attached to her body by the natural biological processes of human development.

The argument isn't about balance of rights or for that matter aggression towards the woman's body and life, but simply that the woman doesn't want to be pregnant and doesn't care to be a mother. Women don't even pretend even for a moment to care about anything but themselves in the entire debate and yet this selfish baseless trash won in court and is the law of the land even if it ignores justice and ignores the victim.

The crime of the child in most abortions is simply "I don't want you".

I also I have to say the poster below me has a pointless immoral sh*it story. You don't somehow gain any ground in your moral position because you have a monster of a partner too.

• Rixons4 weeks agoReport

Honestly, the poster below kinda has a point, when looking at it pro-choice, i kinda agree. Specially after the edit. But I think, no matter what, unless it's dangerous for the mother, the baby should live. Hell, adopt it out if you don't want it, but don't kill it cause 'you cant handle it'.

I am a woman and I think is it stupid that women think the father should not have a choice. It's not about the woman's body, it's about the life inside her, she's not god she didn't make the baby on her own the father should have some say in it. If I got pregnant and wanted to have the baby but my baby daddy didn't I would take that into account. I would think about it and talk it through and discuss what WE should do. In the end, the woman will have the final vote but it should be an informed vote. Of course, the father has a say in it, think about how sad he would be if you got rid of his child; think about how miserable he might be if you kept it. It doesn't just affect the woman.

I went on a tangent there but, yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but yes, you should also better educate yourself no matter what. Sometimes, a woman needs help deciding, I know I did. I got pregnant and was considering abortion, I didn't know what to do so I ask my man, he was indifferent which did not help at all. I didn't want to bring a baby into the world if I wasn't going to be supported by him. When we finally came to the abortion centre he burst into tears. He told me he didn't want to force my hand but that he really wanted a baby, this baby, our baby. If he had stayed "opinionless" I would have gotten rid of it and it would have made him heartbroken, I would be none the wiser. Now we have a daughter who is six and I am completely in love with her (and him).

This isn't a pro-life story, it's pro-choice, choice of the mother and the father; together!

*EDIT: To the poster above, I agree, I just wanted to be objective. Yeah I'm pro-choice but I want people to choose life, bruh I was fifteen at the time, no family, living with my boyfriend and his mum. I had to think, "if I keep this kid and he or his mum doesn't want it will I get thrown out? Will WE get thrown out?" that was what kept me from saying "I want this baby" fear of not having a home and raising a child on the streets. Our first time together and the condom broke, what luck aye? Going through that taught me two things: I ain't ever going to abort, and I should really invest in birth control.

Everyone's entitled to any opinion that they like. It's only when you try to press your opinion on someone else, regardless of what that opinion is, that you open yourself up for scrutiny.